Office of Design and Construction
Use this link when you need a change of space or environment including wall modification, systems furniture reconfiguration, color palette changes, major equipment installations, outdoor furniture or signage. Office of Design and Construction is now utilzing the Work Order request software SchoolDude managed by Facilities Management. You will find us under "Construction"
House Bill 13-1292 Keep Jobs in Colorado
The State of Colorado has recently passed House Bill 13-1292. Colorado School of Mines recommends all entities doing work with State agencies become familiar with this bill. More information can be found in the links below:
Colorado School of Mines Report Requirements for Public Projects per HB13-1292
- Reporting Log
Text only version
- Colorado Procurement Guidance Website
- Colorado House Bill 13-1292
Text only version
We strive to deliver effective planning, design, construction and space management services in a professional manner to enhance and support the school's mission.
Our goal is to build and strengthen relationships with our customers through open communication and to achieve a track record of completing space management, planning, design and construction projects on schedule and within budget.
We attain these goals by:
- Collaborating with members of the Mines community and city and state officials
- Educating and advising customers
- Continuous improvement of project management skills through ongoing training
- Creative problem solving to meet the needs of the end users and campus community
- Consistent application of building codes, campus standards and state regulations
Responsibilities & Services
- Space Planning and Inventory
- Facility Audit
- Capital Construction and Controlled Maintenance Budget Requests and In-house Project Management
- Architectural and Engineering Design and Drafting
- Code Compliance
- State Buildings Programs Delegation
- Contracting Authority for Professional Services and Construction Contracts
Send comments & questions to Office of Design and Construction Webmaster.